View Single Post
Old 10-22-2013, 10:27 AM
Todd Schultz

Mike, the area you describe is the "bend" I was referring to earlier that is many times found in this issue, although I can see how you might call it a vertical wrinkle. It is a flaw no doubt, but one I noticed.

Here are the scans I took once the cards were in hand. Note the slight discoloration spot on the Altoona Tribune right border, across from the lower thigh area. The wrinkle extends somewhat straight in both directions from there (dips a little on the right), and is easily confirmed when the corresponding area on the card's reverse is seen. Note also the back wrinkle that runs from the left border through FA in FAVORITE and further through the B in TRIBUNE. These back “flaws” are certainly not visible in the scans used by the seller, and if you saw the front wrinkle based on seller’s scan only, I may ask for your help in future purchases. The Successful Farming back wrinkles run through the area that talks about obtaining 100 cards (the entire three lines)–thankfully, they do not break through to the front.

Believe me, the wrinkles would have been more readily seen had I used night-time ceiling lighting in my scans, and are easily seen in hand.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 10-22-2013 at 10:30 AM.