View Single Post
Old 06-12-2021, 09:52 AM
Jeff
Je.ff Gro.ss

Quote:
Originally Posted by HistoricNewspapers View Post
Complete boxes carry a premium over complete (ungraded)panels. I've been selling/buying them for years and in the last year the boxes have commanded a nice premium. Although a graded mint 9 or 10 panel can sell for more than a complete box of the same panel...which is one main reason that prompts people to cut the boxes up.

I've had several buyers searching for only complete boxes for their sets(or player sets). Getting a complete set in complete box form is extremely hard, especially since some boxes in each year are short printed.

I have a complete 1978 set in complete box form and I am one box away from having the 1977 set in complete box form too. The other years I am still working on.

Cutting the complete boxes up make the rest of the intact boxes more rare. As someone who collects the complete boxes it is making them more expensive. Once I complete all my complete box sets, cut away
Hey Brian - from an experienced point of view, do you agree that, if I already have a 3 card panel rough cut, I can cut it better/more even and give myself a better chance at a higher TPG grade, if I go that route?

If so, any tips on how to make the best cut? Maybe a sharp desk top paper cutter? Assume I would cut just outside the fake perforated lines?

Thx again - Jeff