Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2020, 06:55 PM
Scott Russell

We pay within 14 business days and I don't think you'll find an auction house smaller than us. Occasionally we have been late by a day or two, but more often we're early. If we haven't paid we normally give a status update around day 10.

Any of the guys who've consigned with me want to verify that? Pretty sure I've lived up to those standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDave View Post
Hey folks,

In connection with all of the ridiculous issues mentioned that I have had to endure with Crazy Uncle and Aaron and the fact that I have not heard a single word about my supposed $250K - $300K in sales in over 6 WEEKS !!! (even though the reserves should have been triple that) I wanted to ask this question to anyone reading this that is either an Auction House (AH) or to anyone that has consigned to an auction house.

I have mentioned in the past that other AHs have paid me within 30 days and have communicated all along the way (and all have been 6 figures).

For those who are AHs......what is average turn time to pay (and especially to your largest consigner)? And what is communication to your consigners like as far as the totals and when they can expect their money?

For those who have consigned to AHs......how long has it normally taken to get paid and how has the communication been with the AH on how much you should be getting paid and how long will be the time frame?

Obviously Crazy Uncle is not in the same class as the other AHs but aside from the screw job with my reserves (which my protection was all in writing), the fact that items were sold for 1/3 of the reserves with a loss of over a half million dollars, the hundreds of thousands of dollars of missing items never returned, and the sheer disgusting move of dumping hundreds of thousands of dollars of high end collectibles without warning in front of my home when no one was at home for them to not only be stolen, but on one day in 95 degree heat and on another day during a tropical storm...….but the fact that the supposed sales of $250K - $300K have not been paid and have not even been communicated with me as to the pay date (and FYI - I have in writing about a 14 day pay date !!!!!). I'm pretty sure 6 weeks+ is more than 14 days!!!!!!

I would love some feed back about other AH experiences from both sides......This is actually something that will help me in the end.

THANK YOU !!!!!!!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions