View Single Post
Old 11-06-2021, 06:10 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark evans View Post
I guess off-topic because the following are excellent songs IMO. I would distinguish rock and roll from ballads. Free Bird in my mind is a classic rock song but I'm partial to Southern rock. The other song I would cite among rock classics is Can't You See by the Marshall Tucker Band. I saw the original band in Maryland in the 70s -- excellent.

My favorite ballad would be Adele's Someone Like You. For me, it replaced Will You Love Me Tomorrow by the Shirelles which I bought as a 45 in 1960 when a ten-year old.

All above available on YouTube.
I love Southern Rock as well. Years ago some friends of mine got to see Lynryd Skynryd, 38 Special, Molly Hatchet, The Outlaws and I believe another band or 2 at a concert in Gainesville Florida. When they told me this, I thought what a concert to be at! When my wife and I went to see Lynryd Skynryd, 38 Special opened up but our train was delayed so we missed every bit of them but the last song . Thankfully, however, we got see an excellent show put on by ZZ Top but since I had never seen 38 Special before live, I was disappointed. Would have loved to see the Marshall Tucker Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
Well, check out the Netflix documentary also if you can. It mentions both the name from the Allie Sherman song, and the high school teacher, being sources for the name.
Bob, if you don't mind, what is the name of the documentary? I have seen a couple but I do know Artimus was coming out with one a year or more ago that I never seen so I am curious if the one you speak of is his?