View Single Post
Old 03-02-2020, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
If you're starting a retirement fund it is best to buy index funds and sit on them forever. The biggest mistake you or anyone else can make is turning a retirement fund into a day trading account. The object of a retirement fund is to make as much money as you can over a long period of time with minimal risk, which of course can sometimes mean a smaller reward. But that should be the goal, really. You're making a 30 year investment and it's best to simply tune out the day to day of the market.

If you're looking to make some money, then it's going to be a bumpy ride. Start with blue chip stocks. Friday would have been a great time to buy Apple and Amazon. By now you've missed the boat. Though there should still be some room to grow on Apple. I've been making a nice return on it since I bought in at around $200 a share. Before the crash it was up over $320.
Ain't that the truth. Definitely trying to build the nest egg, but also a little "fun" never hurt...or did it. Blue chips are solid...guess I was a little too ambitious about wanting to catch the next Tesla or Amazon...
Schlei (Catching) Back run: 10/12 (minus blank back)

Actively collecting t206 Hall of Famers, Southern Leaguers, and Various backs in good to excellent condition. Love talking cards too.