View Single Post
Old 05-11-2022, 04:17 PM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Hi Mike, I love that "non-maclicious" . I'm not sure if you waner but maybe 30 years ago a 1957 Dodgers sluggers appear which was signed by all 4. This is my dream card! In the description it said the "camp was a non-maclicious secretarial ". It was the first time I had heard it, and it crushed me!
Roxy would typically sign programs, cards and balls on the old Stadium club level back in the early 90's. They both went to every game and had their own spot/seat just to the left of home plate. They were very approachable and happy to meet and interact with the fans. Her signature actually looked a lot like his real signature from the early 50's. It was non-malicious,

Regarding the O/P Mantle: I don't think he would sign across his neck like that. From what I've seen and remember, He usually stacks his signature on that card. The rare occasion when its tilted like that all in 1 line, it's tucked safely under his neck. Not across it like some drunkin bum walking sideways (like everyone like to think he does...He doesn't.) The fact that I have a hard time seeing the signature tells me it's fake too. Or at least I wouldn't want it in my collection. Get PSA to give you a quick opinion. If they say likely genuine, refer back to my synopsis. I've seen more Mantles than anyone on their staff.

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 05-11-2022 at 04:18 PM. Reason: ADDING I SHOULD HAVE LOOKED AT THE LAST POST, LOLOLOLO