View Single Post
Old 04-27-2023, 12:37 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Years ago I listed a 1968 Kahn's Tony Perez on eBay staring at 99 cents and someone bid on it, someone else contacted me asking if I would do a Buy-It-Now for $75, I felt slimy doing it but I ended the listing and relisted it as a Buy-It-Now. A few years after that a seller had a listing of a small lot of 1967 Topps Cardinals with a Ed Spiezio partially missing name, I contacted the seller to see if he would do a Buy-It-Now of $20 on the lot and he did. After I paid the $20 the seller contacted me and said a couple of eBay members sent him not so friendly messages threatening to report him to eBay for ending the listing against their rules. He blamed it on me for taking advantage of him for not knowing about the 1967 Ed Spiezio print error and I felt slimy after that one, but I don't think he actually broke any eBay rules regarding ending a listing and then relisting it.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything there technically against Ebay's rules. They have the tools in place to cancel bids and end auctions. Especially if you relist it with a BIN and it sells, and you aren't trying to circumvent Ebay getting their cut of a sale.

It's more of a personal choice, and I don't begrudge anybody that does what they have to do to navigate the hellscape that is Ebay.