Thread: Crazy uncles
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2020, 05:51 PM
M@++ Cyganik

FWIW I got my card in the mail today. They sent a shipping notification a few days ago and everything turned up cleanly.

Not sure if that is because I've made a few posts on here and Aaron wanted to make sure my one whole card got out to avoid further bad press or not (if so, Hi Aaron), but either way take the spirit of my posts from POV of the small-time collector.

As I wrote before, this enterprise just seems like it is way over its head at the moment. You see it all the time in tech startups. One guy gets his feet wet with a big company, strikes out on his own with only a fraction of experience, then goes overboard trying to make that company a major player in the game without having any sort of actual infrastructure or quality control in place. Then when it comes crashing down, instead of having a network of support or set of ethics in place, it devolves into a blame game.

I'm small potatoes, so no I'm not going to consign 500k or buy 500k at an auction house. I hope that gets worked out between Aaron and CJDave and anyone else who is feeling screwed over. I'd be happy to try CUA again at a later date if there's actual positive experiences and quality control developed in the future. But it's sounding like some serious legal mistakes have already been made. Lets hope for all parties involved there's appropriate resolution.