Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflayank View Post
there are 13 players exclusive to the 67 set
there are 17 players exclusive to the 68 set
there are 11 players in both sets
they are aaron cepeda clemente howard mantle mays b robinson f robonson
santo torre and yazstrezemski
aaron and cepeda can be differentiated by the fact in 67 no caps in 68 they are wearing caps
mantle is outfield 67 and 1B 68
is there anyway to differentiate the other 8 players that appear in both sets
I have never seen a full set of 68's in whole or in pieces so it's hard to tell on some of these two year subjects. I believe some are only differentiated by how the lettering is placed on the disc. 68's can be found with white paper (more common) or silver foil media; I think I have only seen 67's with the silver foil-any white 67's around?

I think a lot of the Topps test stuff is in private collections right now and agree they are not showing up in as many auctions of late. Very limited production on many of these of course and I think people are hanging on to stuff given the economy. Some stuff is coming out of the woodwork though, fresh to the hobby.

More info on the discs, including the SF Giants set that is modeled on the 67 Red Sox and Pirates stickers, on my blog, with handy checklists:

http://toppsarchives.blogspot.com/se...seball%20Discs

If we can get a full list of comparisons, I will add to the checklists. If people want to e-mail me scans of their 68's I'll show them all as well when I do so. This is a good project since 68's are much harder to find than 67's.

Last edited by toppcat; 04-17-2010 at 09:51 AM.