View Single Post
Old 11-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Alex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
I think that with four teams, you probably have the best one somewhere in the mix, so it should solve the complaint that sometimes the best team is not the National Champion. At least with the new system, the best team will get a legitimate shot at it.

But I was very surprised when this 4-team playoff thing was sold as solving all the problems. The big problem now is the same one the NCAA basketball tourney faced. Bubble-teams would complain that they missed out on a shot, meaning that it was no longer about a National Champion, but rather, about getting more coverage and money for your team by simply getting in. So they expanded the field and the same thing happened. They expanded again, same thing....

The same thing will no-doubt occur with a 4-team football playoff. What about the 5th and 6th teams? If TCU, Mississipi and Baylor win out, two of those teams will be screaming "foul".
Perhaps. I think the AP and coaches polls would be better than this committee. It seems a little cloak and dagger to me.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.