View Single Post
Old 08-10-2020, 08:29 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikc21 View Post
Sorry for once again being unclear!

First, I do hang the pennant (spine-side up) so the bleach runs down away from the spine. I tape the spine with multiple layers of painters tape so nothing accidentally soaks through. I also extend the tape about 1/2 inch lower than the spine to be safe. I also try and make sure the tassels are taped.

I have two spray bottles. One straight water and the other 100% bleach. I first spray the pennant with water to get it wet. Second, I spray the pennant with 100% bleach directly on the front of the pennant. I spray the whole pennant directly. I’ve never sprayed the back of the pennant which is interesting. I let the bleach stay on the pennant for a few minutes. Lastly, I spray with water continuously until the bleach is gone.

I sometimes repeat a time or two. I’m always worried about letting the bleach sit too long as I’ve had a few pennants run or the white turn almost a yellowish color. So, I was curious if this is how others completed the process.
Very similar to my process Erik. Main difference is I typically start bleaching from the back. The strength of my mixture depends on how dirty the pennant is.