View Single Post
Old 09-16-2020, 02:43 AM
Trey
Tr.ey Bu0y

Certainly no expert, but I have a lot of opinions!

First off, looks like a pretty nice card. The corners appear to be typical wear on a 70 year old card to me(unless I'm missing something). Of course the magnification helps to identify some issues that aren't as noticeable to the naked eye. The centering seems to be decent enough. The main distracting feature for me would be all of those surface scratches over the face area and the print flaw over his name. At least it doesn't have those gnarly print lines a lot of the '51 Bowmans have.

Overall, based on what I can see, I'd call that a 3. I'm certainly no professional grader though. If you get a grader that just had lunch, the weather is nice, home life is going good, maybe it's a 4. Going through a divorce, dog just died...well never mind you'll probably need to do a resubmit

If you truly aren't happy with the card and feel it was misrepresented, nothing wrong with bringing it up to the seller, especially on a card like this. If you put any card under a microscope you'll find issues though, especially 70 year old ones. Just gotta figure out if the price you paid is worth what you're seeing I suppose.