View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 10:33 AM
Ch@d

I like the creativity, but I was trying to present something that would be feasible for CSG. Even one different holder size is going to be a big challenge, due to the hit to logistics and economy of scale. Different size, so different transport requirements, storage requirements, different ultrasonic welder horn, lower overall quantities of each holder type making each one more expensive, etc. are all going to push hard against making any alternate sized holder.

I am guessing that having a super specific holder for only certain issues of cards is going to be an absolute non-starter economically. With that in mind, my hope was to present an alternate holder design that would better conform to the aesthetic needs of many, while still being able to hold any standard size or smaller card. I realize that a change of this magnitude is unlikely, and this may all be a non-starter, but I was hoping that it might stimulate enough feedback from the community to at least get CSG to take notice.

And the proposed square holder may meet a need for denser storage, but it doesn't help the aesthetic situation, IMHO.
successful deals with hcv123, rholmes, robw1959, Yankees1964, theuclakid, Brian Van Horn, h2oya311, thecapeleague, Gkoz316, chesbro41, edjs, wazoo, becollie, t206kid, vintageismygame, Neal, bradmar48, iconsportscards, wrapperguy, agrebene, T3fan, T3s, ccre, Leon, wolf441, cammb, tonyo, markf31,gonzo,scmavl & others

currently working on:
E101 (33/50)
T3 set (104/104), complete!
T205 set (108/221)
'33 Goudey
collecting W600s, Walter Johnson

Last edited by chadeast; 02-19-2021 at 10:56 AM.