View Single Post
Old 07-14-2020, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ltlbvr View Post
Did you pull a NNOF Thomas? If these came from rack packs can you imagine a nnof on top rack pack??
I didn't but my best friend did on the same day in the same batch. At the time we didn't know anything about cards and were just chasing the Frank Thomas. We we were both pissed because we thought they were just printing errors. Unfortunately, I don't even know if he kept it. He didn't keep the others and just threw them away. I didn't realize I kept mine until Sunday and I'm pretty sure it was an accident. The cards were in a random box so my Mom must have set them aside for me. My whole life I would tell the story of my friend pulling a Thomas before it was worth anything. THANKS MOM!!!!!!

The weird thing is that they were all together. Every 3rd or 4th card was an error card. Some were back to back. All my cards came out of 3 or maybe 4 rack packs. My friend experienced the same. All the error cards were together and the experience made us switch to Donruss.

If anyone is doing research, I think we bought them in the first half of 1990. I know it was before the baseball season was over because we were planning on going to the MLB vs Japanese All Stars game.

Last edited by HalfNipponese; 07-14-2020 at 08:26 PM.