View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 09:59 PM
DR
David R@tliff

Going to update two days tonight, so here goes with Day 1 (Thursday).

I was focused on getting through the rest of the show, since I only saw about 20% or so on Wednesday. Instead of picking up where I left off, I went to the far end of the show out of gates instead. As I've mentioned, the Chicago floor layout is not my favorite, as the sponsor booths are in the middle and it cuts the floor up. I'd much prefer if they had all these at one end. I'm sure the guys near the Topps booth would like that, as well, since multiple times a day Topps is screaming at the top of their lungs for the various give aways. I know it's fun for the people around the booth looking to win, but it's really tough on the dealers near them as a lot of people just walk away mid sentence because of the volume.

I wanted to drop by a couple of the auction house booths today to view some of the auction preview items, and it did not disappoint. These were at the Mile High booth, it's always cool I think to see these types of things in person. If you've got a few hundred grand to drop, I guess it's really a choice of these cards, or a house...or two houses...

Ran across this guy as well, I know they are rare, I like pitchers, a lot of people don't like the black and white cards but I thought this was pretty impressive and would definitely make a top 20 list for me.

I haven't yet taken the plunge on something like this, but I really think these packs look great and really would make a super display with some of the cards. They weren't that expensive, so I'm sure I will own some soon (just not today).