View Single Post
Old 08-02-2019, 10:45 PM
DR
David R@tliff

And now for Day 2 (Friday). After the close of Thursday, I'm not really sure what could happen today to top it. There are only a few specific cards on my really really want list, and some of those aren't really expensive or rare or whatever, so I knew going in that today could just be pretty chill.

I should have taken a few more pictures, and I started out with good intentions but I just got into "looking mode" and the day just kind of passed me by.

I was a little more focused on non-card stuff today, and these really caught my eye. This dealer has been there every year I can remember, and the selection seems pretty off the charts. Again, getting a bunch together like this just emphasizes how neat they are.

I also ran across these, and they are just way bigger in person than you can even imagine. It's hard to imagine a human foot could even be this size, the damn things are bigger than my chest.

Back to cards, I'm familiar withe Wagner but had never seen these others in person. I've always thought the Wagner looked kind of funny, but next to these other two maybe I kind of "get it" a little better now. Not sure how rare Laj and Matty are, but assume it must be pretty rare since I'd never seen or noticed them before.

I also thought this was a really solid selection of cards.

And my favorite sign of the show so far...he had another one that said "don't care about your eBay fees", I told him that one wasn't as good to me but this one works.