View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deweyinthehall View Post
This image is of a current eBay item I'm watching advertised as a 1973 Topps Rack Header Card.

I've looked online and I see that header cards from 1970, 71, 72 and 73 seem to be identical down to the indicia.

Is there any way to tell them apart? I need all of them, so I'll get it in any event. I'm thinking that unless I get them as part of unopened packs (which I won't be doing) there's no way to really know what year they're from.
I am not certain if this is entirely accurate but the print code in your pic is similar for the print codes off of Topps sheets and boxes. The print code on sheets, follow this pattern:

Print Run / Product Type (980-990's = Rack Packs) / Product Variation / Unknown Code # / Last digit of Year Printed ("0" as noted above for 1970)

The "last digit" code for all of the sheets I have in my collection ranging from when they started using print codes in the 1970's, has always equaled the last digit of the year printed. A last digit print code of "0" would be consistent with what you had stated as being first printed in 1970.

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 01-18-2022 at 08:57 AM.