View Single Post
Old 08-04-2015, 03:16 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Dude, think about things logically. How often do you hear about some guy hitting 2 homers and a triple? Never. The cycle is accomplished on rare occasions. That's why it's news.
fine 2 homers and a double......what has Duda on the Mets done the past 2 weeks..how many 2 homer games? Some of those involve 3 or more hits..some of them have to be doubles such as on August 1...so took me a whopping 3 days ago to find an example .... and that's just one player..there have been many many games where the player gets more total bases than the player getting a cycle.....2 homers and a double and a single is less worthy than a cycle..?....

you are asking about how often someone hits 2 homer and a triple and the fact it never happens to support your argument on why a cycle is better than that situation...now im giving you an example that does happen every year but is very rare...the total bases are the same or even more than hitting for a cycle....yet everyone is up in arms defending how great a cycle is...where basically in my examples..my players could get a cycle if they wanted too if they just didn't take the extra base and are penalized for getting too many bases like Duda...heck what Neueheis with 3 homers..

so basically to get the cycle you should not touch home on a second home run..? just stay at third for a chance of a cycle? Again we seem to be celebrating a lesser feat.....not sure what the big deal...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-04-2015 at 03:19 PM.