View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 08:58 AM
Todd Schultz

Thanks for the input guys, and the kind words Connor. It seems pretty clear that the m101s have now come to the attention of set collectors, whereas before the focus was on specific players and rare backs for type. I am fortunate enough to own all of the known backs, and the tougher ones still draw money, but nothing much has changed in their prices of late.

I’m glad somebody else noted the strange pricing this past week. I wonder if the prohibitive cost of grading prewar commons means we should look for a noticeable rise in the pricing of raw examples, especially from reputable and established dealers.

It’s pretty clear that Yankee and Red Sox team collectors are hitting it rather hard on these m101s, as the prices I cited mostly affected players from those teams. The Magee remains a flat out mystery, as again there was a price difference of 450% in the past three months on a card that was not in high grade and is not all that difficult to find (although not part of m101-5).

Nice cards everyone, and congrats Joe on your davidbvintage winnings. Baker and Hooper are two of my faves. Frank, thanks for the info on Betzel, whose card has always fetched a higher than average price–now I know why. Anyway, here a few more of mine:

If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.