View Single Post
Old 07-02-2014, 05:28 PM

Default Dave

Not sure if we're talking past each other here ... you just claimed 300,000 per slot for Series 1-4 and 150,000 per slot for series 5-6 ... but that's not what I'm talking about.

How many of each card does this mean were distributed?

If you take 150 million cards and divide by 407 ... that's 368,551 per card on average. That isn't some number I made up. It's just the math.

Now that number doesn't work because some cards were printed on the sheets more often than others. Some series were distributed more than others.

But in essence, for your total number of cards printed to be correct, you have to claim that half million Bob Feller (for example) cards were printed.

For that to be true .... we'd have to have single digit (low single digit) surviving rates for these cards.

I can concede that that type of survival rate is possible for the high numbers (given most were dumped). I'm not buying it for the rest of the set.

What seems likely is that the number from the case is inaccurate. Maybe it included more than cards. Not sure, but those totals just don't match the reality (99 out of 100 kids did not have their cards thrown away).

Cheers,
Patrick