View Single Post
Old 08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone have issues with SGC holder damaging cards?

Posted By: Kirk Rothrum

Thanks for all the comments!

I feel that since I've posted my complaint about this publicly, it's only fair to post an update...

I took a couple peoples advice and contacted SGC. I wasn't sure what to expect, as I didn't personally have the card graded by them.. Though the fact that it was, did indeed help in my decision to purchase it.

At first I was worried, because he said they would NOT send it back to me in the same holder if it was determined to be less than a 7 upon inspection. I thought this was unfair, after all, I own the card. I did not want a 6 and the difference in cash. I saved a long time for a 7, and it's a 7 I want to pass on to my son someday... Sure, you may say "you can sell the 6 and with the cash buy another 7", thats a big maybe, and also, I've been burned on ebay.. And even if all of that worked out miraculously perfect, what a huge inconvenience buying that Yogi Berra rookie in the SGC holder would have turnout ot to be!

Anyway, long story short, because it's not a 'scarce' card in NM7, if they determine it cannot in good conscience be re-slabbed as a 7, they will replace the card with another NM7 Yogi Berra Rookie. If they honor their word, I will be an outspoken SGC cheerleader for life...

Thanks again for the advice from you all!