View Single Post
Old 11-12-2011, 11:34 AM
Andy

Default Need Help On a Litho of Muhammad Ali signed

Back in the 80's and 90's my Dad and Grandfather did a lot of memorabilia business. They commissioned a lot of the tops stars to autograph items. I myself have gone in same direction less the hiring of players. It's just not as easy now as it was back then. They hired the artist and athlete to sign the Original and 550 limited litho's. I'm going to start selling these now but need a few expierenced collector opinion. The item is of Muhammad Ali Litho/transfer titled "The Greatest". The biggest problem is it's a Angelo Marino was the artist they hired back in 1993. I know immediately this piece would be scrutenized if I didn't have proof of the signing session. I do know they made most of their cash back by selling the original painting Marino did of this piece. Fortunately I have photographs of Ali signing these litho's. Due to opersation bullpen every Marino piece is thrown out as junk. So, I ask the members to take a look at these. This piece was broken down into two limited litho's. The one I'm showing is limited to 50 and has an original mock-up of the champ with original pencil auto's of artist and Ali on all 50 pieces. The other 500 were signed in pencil by both with no mock-up.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ali-1.jpg (37.6 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg ali-auto.jpg (5.9 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg photoAli.jpg (31.5 KB, 56 views)

Last edited by grandstand69; 11-13-2011 at 03:26 AM.