View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 07:20 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post

I read an article today on how the AR-15 became so widespread in this country. It described, in part, a marketing scheme by weapons manufacturers to target specific audiences and 'expand' those audiences via, among other things, video games such as 'Call of Duty'; producing tan-colored rifles to resemble those used by the military in recent wars and assisting film companies to recreate, as accurately as possible, what occurs overseas.
I would like to note that the AR-15 became the standard rifle for the general population many years before military shooter video games became prevalent or even existed. The AR-15 is the best rifle technology of the 1960's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
As astonished as I am by all the blood-thirstiness of the country in which I live, I just cannot understand why there is ANY opposition to universal background checks, for gun shows; pawn shops; or retailers like Academy Sports where the AR-15 type assault-rifles are called sports rifles.
I would like to again note that this is already the law, federally, for any purchase from a dealer (and if you act as a dealer without being a formal FFL, you go to federal prison). When you buy a gun from Academy, you are already going through a background check. When you buy a gun from an FFL at a show, you are going through a background check. When you buy a gun from a pawn shop, they must have an FFL and you are going through a background check. Many states require them even on PPT's between non-dealer individuals selling or gifting their used property on occasion.