View Single Post
Old 08-06-2016, 08:11 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Seller is pitching it as a transition or variation of a variation where the tiger is yellow it the tongue has some red. In some versions the red tongue is very noticeable. I think you would get different responses from different 52 collectors about how many different versions of this card exist. The transition cards also lend to the debate about variation versus print defect.

I think if you decide later you want a yellow tiger you can get one at a much, much, much cheaper price, especially if you are not particular on condition or degree of redness in tongue or a gray back version.
Thanks again, Al.

I edited my post right at the same time you posted this one.
Learned of a couple more cards I need to check out in the thread as well.

I would very much like to have one, or more of these print variation/defect cards but at the prices they usually command, I don't think I will be purchasing one in the very near future. If I can find one on the cheap (wonder how many I looked at not even knowing about the yellow tiger?) then I'll definitely give it some serious consideration, however.

Guess it's time to dig further into these 52 Topps cards as it seems new info about comes up all the time. ( at least to me)

Thanks again, Al.