View Single Post
Old 06-01-2022, 10:10 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I've recycled a lot of cards in the past. I once bought a collection that was 80% junk wax. Really junk, like Pro Set hockey. I basically told the collector that I was not going to pay for them but I would haul them away (he was moving and needed the space cleared) for free. I tried to give them away but no one wanted 5000 count boxes of them, so I dumped them into our recycling bin.

I've done some looking and there are quite a few cards in there with sold prices between $3 and $10 each, so there is value, just not the sort i wish to turn out at retail. I am probably just going to take it to my LCS and see what I can get.

The eye-opener is how worthless this stuff is with the exception of a handful of players and even then the really big money is gem mint slabs. I mean a Topps Gallery Players Private Issue Griffey is a $20-$50 card, raw, but in a 10 holder it gets into four figures. Otherwise, busting wax is like taking delivery on a new car: you open the pack and it loses value immediately unless you get a big hit.
I am looking for late 80s junk wax, especially blue borders, like Donruss, and the 87 Topps wood border. I've got a project in mind. I'd take a few thousand from you. And if you have any Cincinnati Reds cards I'd take those also. We could strike a deal.

Sent from my SM-G9900 using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo