View Single Post
Old 10-19-2015, 09:02 AM

Al - Don't think I haven't thought about the Xmas rack packs! I have watched every 1952 Topps rack pack auction though - and never seen a single grey back (front or back). Not saying they couldn't be out there just have never seen any.

Honestly, I'd bet there are another 6-8 Reisers out there - just sitting in the child collections of people who aren't involved in the hobby. Some of those will get passed down to kids who will hold onto the cards for sentimental reasons. Some will return to circulation. The next Reiser to come to market ... whoever wins will significantly over pay. Heck, I couldn't believe what the person who bought (and just sold) that wrong labeled Reiser grey back paid. When all is said and done ... I don't even bet that Reiser will be the hardest grey back to find.

But Bill you're right ... at $600 per card (does the $35k include juice?) ... there is no resale value to be had for a dealer. That means there is a new collector. Bet he wishes he had won the PSA 8 Reiser that sold for $6,000.

Cheers,
Patrick