Thread: Miguel Cabrera
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2021, 05:57 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

Quote:
Originally Posted by profholt82 View Post
As far as the fans not warming up to him, that's crazy talk. Yeah, his English isn't very good, but he frequently interacts with fans during games. I've seen him high five guys in the front row numerous times, give balls and even a bat to kids in the crowd. And at first base, he's always goofing with the base runners. He's genuinely a fun loving kind of guy. I'm honestly surprised to see someone post that here. Just search his name on youtube, and most of the videos are of him having fun with the crowd and other players.
Yeah, I may have been wrong, but last night, for example, he hit #499. I read the story in the paper this morning and there's quotes from 6 or 7 teammates along with the manager. Miggy? No comments. How do you not speak to the press after you hit #499? He's never been very outgoing with the media - he only does a few quick interviews per season, so it leads me to say we, as fans, don't know him very well - at least not like we've gotten to know other sports stars in town.