View Single Post
Old 01-08-2005, 10:58 PM
Administrator

Default Plancich....Two Requests

Posted By: Bill A.

O.K. so we know PSAdna has blocked your e-mails just like every other reputable person in the hobby....and you have in fact had your fake autographs (more than just the Ruth) turned down and you got into some type of fight over it.

Lets get to the bat...on a public forum you pumped your chest and indicated you have done "extensive research". Dave has never posted on this forum so I wouldn't expect him to respond. I would expect you to back up your lofty statement. Come on Robert. You state you're organization is here to help. Please let us all in on your "extensive research" on Cobb bats. Don't turn the question to Balco and steroids. The only thing on steriods here are your pumped up claims to have done "extensive research".

On Cobb using the bat. Again you show your lack of knowledge on this subject. When authenticators use the name of a player associated with a game used bat they are not saying necessarily that they can place it into the hands of the player. Only perfect provenence, side-writting, vault marks, etc. place it in the players hands. That is why a "1921-31 Game Used Babe Ruth bat" may sell for $50,000 while a "1927 Side Written Game Used Babe Ruth bat" may sell for a quarter of a million dollars. This is consistent throughout the industry. Any advanced bat collectors know that certain game attributes (e.g. hitting surface, wood quality, spike marks, scored hitting surface) add to the probability that a certain player used it but never has a players name associated with the words game used meant that the seller is insinuating they can definitively place it in the players hand.

Anxiously awaiting your "extensive research" on Cobb bat lengths. Seriously if you have overturned something in what you are calling your "extensive research" it may make my 35" Cobb gamer worth more money.