View Single Post
Old 09-01-2023, 06:59 PM
Curt

I can say I really don't know much about the grading companies. I have never sent in anything myself to be graded and those items that I bought that were already graded were at prices that I was willing to pay for a raw one or in one specific case, I wanted to add a little more security when buying on ebay in a time filled with fraud. it was a PSA 1 1933 Goudey Ruth, the most I have ever paid for a single item in my collection.

I really don't understand why a more expensive card should cost more to grade. It seems to me that this is a service that should not need to differ from item to item. Does it get more attention, are they just taking advantage of a financial situation because they can or is it something else?

I am pretty much convinced now that I am selling everything in the next decade and enjoy the $, as much as it sickens me to even think about trying to sell it all. My dream was once to pass it all down to my 2 boys, like I fantasized about receiving a passed down collection from my parents or older siblings as a kid. At 19 and 21, they don't have even the slightest interest and I doubt any will grow. I envy those with kids who have taken a liking to collecting.