View Single Post
Old 10-27-2020, 05:26 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sb1 View Post
Don't use hot water, especially if its on black or colored scrapbook pages, the color on the pages will often run.

Warm water is hot enough. Try one of the worst condition or cheapest ones by itself. Let it soak for 15-20 minutes, no longer needed. If it's not coming loose by then, it's not going to. As others stated do not try to scrap any paper off, see if you can get an edge of the scrapbook paper to come loose(it may have well floated off, best case scenario) if it's going to come off the paper will peel right off. I suggest running some water over the back just in case there is glue residue. Again do not rub the wet back.

Then blot they card dry with paper towels or tissue, place between copy paper in a book that will soak up excess moisture, I use old phone books, and place some more books on top. Check it 20-30 minutes later and move it to another area of the book as there will be moisture in the immediate pages from the first insertion. Move it one two more times, should be dry and flat within a few hours.
That is good info there. If I may add a tad bit more...
Lay a paper towel down on a very flat (formica or whatever) surface, place wet card atop it, then cover it with another paper towel, now place a flat book or two (phonebooks, tomes, etc.) on top of that. Next, start adding weight on top of the books - two liter bottles of soda, or a relatively large can full of coins (which gets pretty heavy quickly) work easily enough - and that'll squeeze the moisture out. Deconstruct the setup and replace the paper towels with new, dry ones a couple of times (and pile everything up again) and as has been said, it'll dry up.

Edited to add: and don't rush the drying process. Let it dry over days, if necessary.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 10-27-2020 at 09:06 PM.