View Single Post
Old 09-22-2020, 01:22 PM

I've been to maybe half the Nationals in the last 10 years. Didn't make a single notable pickup; just a handful of cheaper items that I actually could have done without. Any sales I had could have been done outside of the National setting, so there's another strike against my ever returning.

The area of Cleveland surrounding the I-X isn't exactly a hopping place for things to do, so that won't be missed. It was a huge cut above going to Baltimore, with its weather just half a degree below hell. It was also wonderful to be able to drive right up and park at the I-X, both as a dealer and as someone walking in the front door. That will be sorely missed.

Prior to 10 years ago, I had my greatest National successes in Cleveland. After constant disappointments when the show was in other cities, I could always think positively about the next Cleveland National. That streak of success ended with the last colossally disappointing Cleveland show. After that, I decided I'm done with the convention altogether. How many years do I have to walk by the same dealers with the same inventories? And I'm paying for this privilege? It would be nice to see some new faces set up and maybe, just maybe, new material. Let me know when that happens; I gave up.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 09-22-2020 at 01:29 PM.