View Single Post
Old 11-26-2021, 06:37 AM

Default Earl Moore 1910 Luxello Cigar pinback button

I recently added this 1910 Earl Moore Luxello Cigar pinback to my no-hitter pin collection.
This will be my final addition to my pinback collection as I have run out of space in my shadowbox framed project.

In 1901 Cleveland RHP Earl "Crossfire" Moore became the 1st AL pitcher to hurl 9 innings of no-hit ball in the 20th century.
Ironically, he lost the game in the 10th inning, also becoming the 1st pitcher in the 1900's to ever lose a no-hit game.

Moore's "Crossfire" nickname came from the fact that his pitching motion came from a very challenging sidearm angle that was largely effective during his 14-year baseball career in the major leagues in the early 1900's.

This pinback is rare and originated from the collection of Dr. Paul Muchinsky and can be seen in his definitive book on pinbacks entitled appropriately Baseball Pinback Buttons.

I'm happy to add it to the collection.

Happy belated Thanksgiving to everyone on net54.
I'm thankful to be a contributor to this great place for like-minded collectors to share their passion for the hobby. Many thanks to Leon for starting net54!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Earl Moore 1910 Luxello Cigar pinback button.jpg (60.5 KB, 452 views)
File Type: jpg Earl Moore signed 1951 GPC 001.jpg (73.2 KB, 462 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 01-19-2022 at 05:34 PM.