View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 PM
Jimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
I'm anxiously waiting to hear more, Jimi, but go enjoy your dinner first!

BTW the SSPC set has been pretty well determined to be a 1976 issue based on hobby publication ads found even though the card catalogues have not updated that as of yet (maybe they did this past year). Thus, it is safe to go with a '76 Topps Eckersley as his rookie card.
OK, Phil, basically what I envision (and I certainly would be ok being the one starting this unless someone else wants to) is developing a website that encompasses all of these issues in one location. Yes, I know there is a lot out there, but for some reason, we keep coming back to these same threads and asking virtually the same questions....so that must mean that the "super minds" of this near impossible type-card collection still have yet to come up with all the answers on all the information available.

SOOOOOO......why not develop a similar list of HOF RCs like the work you published on Oldcardboard.com (but more in-depth), add a forum for discussion much like Net54 geared towards discussing HOF related cards with a focus on RCs (but certainly other things, too, like Negro Leaguers, managers, etc.), and develop a section to where HOF collectors can post their want lists or send a direct link to their want list.

I was just telling Derek a couple days ago that we need to help each other out in our quests, but heck, that's only two people. If we can centralize a location for all of us "crazies" into one spot, we could have a group researching, trading, and conversing together. Some people will be more experts in Negro League cards, some in executives, some in 19th century and so forth.

I love the Oldcardboard.com section on the HOF stuff, but I think a lot more could be done to it. More on that later as this idea formulates.
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi