View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 08:49 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanksAndSpartans View Post
Robert, great thread!

Collected baseball as a kid since it was my first favorite sport. As football started to overtake it, I did put the 84 football set together, but soon after my interest in collecting anything waned.

As an adult, with marriage, kids, etc., baseball has completely dropped off my radar, I don't think I could name 5 players in MLB right now - I did watch the All-Star game with some friends last summer though.

And with football, for about 10 years, I found less and less I was a diehard fan of one team, less having to be in front of the TV for a certain game etc. and more I was picking up video of old games on the internet, reading about the history of the game, strategy of the game etc.

Finally in 2012, having discovered COMC by chance - I don't even remember what I was searching for, I stumbled back int the hobby - exclusively on the vintage football side.

John

P.S. Something just came back to me - I think it might have been an ESPN the Magazine article about the Dmitri Young collection that reminded me how much I used to enjoy cards as a kid.
John, I can relate to your '84 football set. When I was a kid my parents bought me the '85 USFL and '89 Score football sets for Christmas. Until lately that was the only non-baseball cards I owned.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk