View Single Post
Old 02-21-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
If I needed to get 100k of cards from point A to point B, I would think the optimal way to transport them would be in person. Worst case for a round trip flight anywhere in the continental us would be $500.
Taking that to the extreme would mean RT for grading and RT to auction, not to mention rental cars, hotels, missed work and sweat due to nerves.
Quote:
After a week or so and a few calls they told me they had shipped the card and it wasn't their problem.

While I had paid for shipping and insurance (I assume their excessive shipping included insurance) I was told they didn't have insurance and the shipping from them was at my risk.
Thanks for sharing your, what I'm sure was a painful, experience! The two sentences I've quoted above just make me say "WOW, my worst fears."
Quote:
The risk of a truck or plane being destroyed is the same for any carrier.
So let's say this happens during a shipment from an auction house, who are covered by their in house insurance, does the insurance pay the auction house, then go after the carrier for reimbursement?
Quote:
I'm a big supporter of registered mail.
Quote:
I think registered mail is the best way.
Quote:
I'd be on an airplane either dropping off my package or doing local pickup.
Registered™ seems to be the safest. Maybe safer than driving to the airport, going through security and holding onto your bag in flight while using the restroom

Quote:
I can assure you for a 7 figure consignment or purchase we will be on a plane to anywhere the person may be!!
Missed it by one figure