View Single Post
Old 01-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajcards4215 View Post
I'm new to the forum, and while I signed up quite a while ago, I'm just now getting into vintage.

Wondering if there's protocol for BST feedback/references. I'm also a member on Blowout Cards, which uses iTrader to rate transactions. Is there something like that here, or is it more or less an informal honor system?

-Bryan
It is more or less an informal honor system. And it is caveat emptor so there are no protections except normal US/State laws. And good luck with those on all but the most egregious cases when done on the internet.
The other 2 moderators (Dan and Brian) and I are always willing to help and yes, it is a lot less formal here than other forums. On our BST any member under 18 needs to have a parent or guardian email me giving their ok for you to be there and take accountability for you. That aside (it protects everyone) you can use your BO id in your sig line or somewhere to let folks know of your experience. Any member can always PM me concerning any of our members and I will help as much as I can. There is ALWAYS a way to deal with a "reference" situation on this board. Worst case you ask your trading partner for a verifiable reference or two. If they won't give you a few then you can PM me and they won't be on the BST anymore. It's very informal but, I/we, hope common sense. And knock on wood, the amount of fraud is almost completely non-existent. Again, you still have to be careful. IF someone with 3 posts is selling a 10k card, don't overnight them money blindly....
Once a member has been here a while and done trades it can be seen in their profiles as posts and threads, as everyone's is. Hope this helps.