View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Default After 8 long years of searching, the search is over!!!!

Posted By: Bob

Thanks guys.
Peter- You are kidding me, right???? I must have put the fact I need one 1910 150 series Wolverton on the BST thread and also in the main 54 Board a zillion times and nary a nibble.
Dennis- Ebay enabled me to buy 3 or 4 but the large group I got I won from Seth a couple of years ago in one of his 19th Century auctions.
SGC promised me 3 years ago and then again 2 years ago in Chicago that they would be putting the set on their registry. Scott H. apologized at that National and was very nice about it and said they would get right on it, but it has yet to appear for some strange reason. The set is now complete, all in SGC holders and if you look at their registry you will see that it still isn't there. There is only one set listed and it is less than half completed and is a 175 set from Don Louchios. Thank God Don may have felt that even though he doesn't have either Wolverton that a 40 was too low and didn't go after it, because his pockets are huge. In any event, the bottom line is the card and the set are mine and whether it is registry listed or not, who cares? I know and now so do you
tbob