Thread: Tennis cards
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2022, 09:54 AM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas00 View Post
I think many baseball enjoyers would love to watch tennis but have never given it a fair shot.
There's a few notable comparisons.
It's very easy to follow like baseball. It takes unreal hand eye coordination like baseball. The ball is being hit very hard like baseball. Really the only place tennis fails is the team atmosphere and crowd energy. But I think if people who have never given it a shot decide to watch a match one day (especially of a great player) they will become fans.
I agree overall....but the crowd energy in tennis can be great, actually. Two big differences from pro baseball right now are 1) the pacing of the cheering is different as the crowd is quiet during serves and mostly during points, and 2) the absence of near-constant canned sound effects and music, which I absolutely love. The drama of the action is better when it is left to speak for itself. (And don't get me started on NBA games that play tunes and sound effects during the actual game!)
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry