View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 08:05 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Well, you see, it's (d)ifferent. If the event is in the interest of the left, it was okay because reasons.

Contra Costa County is right next to me. Gatherings of 12 or more were illegal but so were gatherings of people from more than 2 or 3 households (I don't remember). Having 3 or 4 of my pals over to play a game or chat or have a coffee was illegal. You were also supposed to stay masked even at legal gatherings with less than 12 people from 2 or 3 households.

Protests (formally called riots, setting fires downtown and looting stores as they did in my area, didn't used to be a protest, but now we just redefine words to mean whatever is convenient to the party at the moment. Protest, Vaccination, Recession all have new definitions now because the old ones were inconvenient to the party) in June were, of course, encouraged and held up as heroic acts. Even when I observed that most of these heroes assaulting local businesses were not wearing masks it did not seem to result in pearl clutching terror among the participants of the hysteria. But some of my family gathering for Thanksgiving was illegal, because that could spread disease. And through it all, of course, Trump rallies, unlike left-wing protests and riots, were super-spreader events. Because, you see, Covid particles only infect the non-believers or something. I can't keep the bullshit straight sometimes.

Lo, science works in mysterious ways.
Yep, I remember those well, with Sturgis SD (red state, of course) being one of the bigger ones, at least that I seen. Florida was another one, IIRC?

Hardly any word at the time about New York, Michigan, New Jersey or California, who, like I stated previously, had the most cases with the most draconian rules.
Hardly any talk/media coverage on Cuomo, Whitmer or any of them about putting Covid patients in old age homes and killing thousands of them. But TRUMP RALLIES!!!! those were wicked evil, with people, even the self proclaimed tolerant left, wishing death on those who attended.

As an aside, you would not believe how much media attention Trump also receives up here on a daily basis.
Like what you see in the U.S., most likely, the same deflecting stories, in order to protect/deflect away from our Liberal idiots, are aired daily.
Our news is no better than yours, (left leaning), but yet some still can't see through the horseshit nor the bias with some still thinking they have to, the media, tell the truth and the full complete story or they will be sued.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coovidd4.jpg (43.8 KB, 404 views)
File Type: jpeg demmss8.jpeg (85.1 KB, 398 views)
File Type: jpg mediaa12.jpg (52.0 KB, 398 views)

Last edited by irv; 08-30-2022 at 06:16 PM.