View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 03:00 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftHandedDane View Post
Tim,

Thanks for the message. Clearly you are a better detective than I, finding so many of these cards!

Your comments about the inner circle of Jello card collectors is interesting to me. I have read most if not all of Ken's posts (pun intended!) and find the effort to match the players to the flavors fascinating. But I did not know that the set collectors themselves were connected like that.

Hopefully one or more of them will read this and consider adding me to the group - I would love to pick their brains about this set (and the other Post/Jello sets)

Ed
There are a lot of collectors of this set that keep it quiet and rightfully so. The competition for some of the highly sought after cards can get fierce and to let the others know what you need can be a double edged sword.

When I first got involved, it was like going up against the Illuminati, lol. Felt like a secret society and I was just an outsider. I think with all the information that has been shared, most specifically on Net54, it has become a lot more open. As I said before, I have dealt with some really great guys in regards to this set and several of them are on here. There is also a lot of information about this set that is still unknown and may never be unlocked. Ken has done such a great job and Dan previously dug up a lot of info prior to my coming onboard.
I'm 52 and am really regarded as one of the "kids" collecting this set. From what I gather, the majority of the other guys exceed me in age. I still have to pay my dues.