View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 10:40 PM
Curt

I have always enjoyed minor league cards. Especially older ones that had character. although I see a lot of newer cards with some really cool designs that remind me of a time when card sets had character and didn't all just look the same year after year. I would also agree that many of the small sponsor and team sponsored sets will be in very small quantities relative to say a first Topps card..probably a small fraction of the copies in fact.

Plenty of folks collect them for sure, but maybe more of a niche category? Kind of like oddball cards. Now though, it seems someone is always looking for that "rookie" card in whatever form they can find it. Foreign League stamps and stickers, Sportcasters, Panini Stickers, Candy issues, etc. Not to mention Hostess and Kelloggs cards of the 70s that were popular, but seemingly overlooked by most for rookie cards of guys like Murray, Ozzie Smith, Eck, Yount and Brett to name a few of the key biggies.