View Single Post
Old 04-10-2021, 05:54 AM
Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
One of the 'fine print' terms in my listings:

" I am well aware of what the market is for most anything I sell; trying to "educate" me on pricing is not a negotiation tool, it is just being a tool. And will be mocked mercilessly on hobby chat boards."

I don't need someone telling me what my item should sell for. It presumes that I am interested in selling it at some other price. Quite often, that is not the case.
While I understand where you're coming from...like others, I would prefer to explain the logic of how I came up with a price in my offer. That's especially true if my offer is a lot lower than the asking price. Not trying to "educate" anyone....just explaining my logic as the basis for a negotiation.

Sometimes this goes down well...other times I'm met with a rude response - which really isn't necessary.

I've seen so many cases of a seller flipping an item that they just bought in another auction. If they're adding 10-15%, I get it. But more often than not they stick a BIN at double the price. I mean, really? an auction just finished and determined the value was X and then seller decides to chance his luck at twice that.

Fair enough if that's what they want to do...but there's no reason to be nasty about it.