View Single Post
Old 04-15-2021, 10:14 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

So, follow up on my previous post about the bottom feeders. I had a hot card listed on eBay for sale and someone PMd me to offer me 6% above the opening bid to end the auction early. I said no: I wanted to see where the card would go, but I did add a Best Offer to the listing. It did not sell. I relisted. The guy then offered me my opening price for it when the listing renewed, which was fine, so I added a Best Offer to the listing for him so he could make the offer formally and buy it. My mistake for feeding the troll. Next think I know, he reneges on the offer to buy the card and offers me 5% less than the price he offered the day before. Well I could see where this was going so I pulled the card and relisted it with the following in 24 pt red print:

OK, I am only going to say this once: I've gotten a lot of tire-kickers on this card the two times I've listed it and I've revised the prior listings twice to allow people to make offers that they have then reneged on, which really chaps my hide. So, I've decided to relist the card again and make everything clear to everyone right up front by answering the main questions I have gotten before you ask them again:

--No, I am not interested in any offers below the asking price. Please do not PM me asking for my "best price" or asking for a discount: the answer is "no". I am not interested. If you like the card and think the price is fair then buy it; if you don't like it or think the price is unfair then move along, Shleprock.

--I don't care if you think the card is overgraded, undergraded, or graded just right, Goldilocks. Opinions are like...you know the rest.

--No, I am not going to render a grading opinion on the card for you. I paid CSG to do that and I am not going to substitute my judgment for theirs. If you are grown up enough to buy an expensive card, Richie Rich, then put on the big boy pants and make your own assessment based on the scans I provided. If that does not appeal to you, just move along to the next card.

--No, I do not know what PSA or Beckett will grade it. If you want a PSA or Beckett graded card, then BUY ONE OF THOSE, Scooby Doo.

The card sold in under three hours and not to him. Of course, he emails to ask me what happened to the card, I tell him it sold for more than he offered. Sometimes you gotta lose a card to learn not to be too sharp about your dealings. And I am blocking his ass from my sales. I try to avoid dishonest, manipulative people: life is too short to deal with jackholes.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 04-15-2021 at 10:18 AM.