View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 01:00 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
It's interesting that the two other blocks of 25 shown in the other thread also have wide margins that are opposite of what would be expected.

I don't know if the 100 card sheets were doubled on the actual sheet that went through the press like the 132 card sheets were. If they were, it's possible the left and right sheets had different sequences like many 132 card sheets.
I tend to agree with this but maybe with quadrants rearranged between A and B slits vs. the rows like they did later on. The known proof sheet (with the 2 extreme left columns and one extreme right column excised after the fact) from series two shows a wide gutter between the 2 slits but not between the rows on each slit (except for the gap before the "repeat rows" and I suspect but cannot prove the attached was prepared to show the full series as proofed, vs how they ended up rolling of the presses with a portion of two consecutive sheets shown; the slits should run left to right not top to bottom when printed for real). Related question: the 3 DP's with backwards stitching-on both sheets are they arranged 1 left pointing, 1 right or one sheet with 2 left pointing and the other with 2 right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1952 Topps second series sheet john moran.jpg (94.7 KB, 53 views)

Last edited by toppcat; 04-27-2021 at 01:15 PM.