View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 01:52 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Not planned at all, I actually got the last card needed for both my 57 and 58 Topps sets on the same day yesterday! Exciting to have those done and also winding down my 59 set...going for the all vintage modern size sets...lol.

Here is my last card for the 58 set...an iconic card with both Mick and Hank. Got beat out on many auctions over the last couple weeks. Missed out again yesterday and in my frustration I throw an offer out on a newly listed BIN OBO card moments after the auction. My offer was automatically accepted (had it not, I would have just bought at full boat, I was that frustrated, haha). I raced to this BIN as I know there were several bidders in the one I just lost and I also have seen the next closest BIN disappear immediately following tough actions like the one we had...

Never thought this would be my last 57 Topps card...I have completed it before and last time it was Sandy Koufax. Got him done early this time and had a couple of great breaks on the infamous "middle series". Second to last card was Whitey Herzog believe it or not. I got Brooks/Mickey/Frank pretty early in the process. After dealing with 600 card sets with high numbers from the 60s a 407 set went together pretty fast...last card, Bobby Richardson rookie. Believe it or not this PSA 7 (ST) was the best deal I as just went and bought a BIN to be done...and the stain in the back is very light wax...no biggie. I'll free this one and pantyhose that wax...nice clean card...

1957 is one of my favorite years...just classic cards and stoked to once again have it in my collection. My last 57 complete set I sold to pay for the daughter my wife and I adopted 8 years ago...money well spent... She is going to put the last card in the notebook for me when it arrives (and is freed). As for the 58s, lets just say that I know there are some cool individual cards...I'm just glad to have it done and all bindered up...haha...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03