View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 05:45 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

"Them" is about 20,000 small sellers using the consignment service who set their prices themselves, not COMC. In order to see the "real" pricing, you need to log into their site. They allow you to buy thousands of cards over years and then have them all shipped back to you at one time for one shipping cost, if you wish. (At least, they did before COVID for the most part.)

Usually, it's a great place to buy and sell cards, and the prices you see are the cards that haven't yet sold. I've bought 1952 Topps gray backs for $10 each there, oddball nonsports way under market, etc. It's sort of like eBay without having to have every seller ship each card to you separately. Sellers run % off sales which mean the price shown on eBay is 20% - 900% higher than you could buy it from them on site sometimes.

It was built and designed intended for the common man to buy and sell cards for their collections, to fill holes, and make some money flipping. COMC is doing a terrible job executing right now, but the concept is solid.

Full disclosure: I currently have 27,000 cards for sale on COMC, another 1000 or so sitting in my inventory to sell later or send home, and have made tens of thousands of dollars in sales there over the past 5 years.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.

Last edited by swarmee; 05-02-2021 at 05:49 PM.