View Single Post
Old 05-08-2022, 08:25 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
Last night Mears sold an incredible collection of Basketball programs. I saw it late but I had a few bids on some baseball items and thanks to Mears rules I was able to bid on some during extended bidding. A number of exceedingly scarce programs and autographs. I won a few and lost a few but what hurts worst is all the programs that were won with a single bid that I didn't have a shot at. I have interest in some and would love to find some kindred collectors who collect same stuff as me. And hopefully buy or trade with them.
Jonathan
There were some bargains in those signed programs. Especially, the Indianapolis and LA Stars programs. The Cincy Royals lot was quite nice also. All of the programs with the Washington Capitols, Providence Steamrollers and St Louis Bombers should have sold for more. The photo lots were good also. No bids on the Kentucky Colonels lots. The photo lot with Celtics players was okay, but it looks like a few of them were reprints. During the 1990's I collected original NBA team issue photos. I had well over 100 of Celtics players from 1946-1965 including multiple Russell and other HOFers and quite a few stars from other teams. No one was giving them any love so they were easy to acquire for $10 each or less.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”

Last edited by Michael B; 05-09-2022 at 04:03 AM.