View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 12:35 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

I attended another local card show today. One of the dealers (Eddie) who sets up at our regular show opened up a brick and mortar store and of course I want to visit and support. But it's way on the south side of Jacksonville and almost an hour drive for me. But today he had an in store card show, and needing some supplies anyway, it was time. All the guys set up I've seen before so nothing there, but I find Eddie, and compliment him on his great card store. The space is huge, giant screen TVs everywhere. I never buy anything from Eddie he just never has anything I need.

Anyway he says the magic words I haven't heard in years "I've got a couple monster boxes in the back I haven't gone through yet". Of course most is junk wax era stuff but I find over 100 cards to restock my doubles box mostly 1970 1971 Fleer World Series baseball cards. And somehow, stuck in the middle of all those cards was one of the three 1972 Topps football high numbered cards I need for my set #308 Earl Morrall

So today I picked up over 100 cards for my dupes box (some 63 Post and Jello baseball cards too), twelve 800 count storage boxes, twelve packs of 100 count soft sleeves, and a needed 1972 Topps hi number Earl Morrall for $48 plus I had to pay tax LOL!

Always fun to thumb through cardboard!

Larry