View Single Post
Old 04-16-2021, 07:30 AM
P.aul Orl,in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Yeah, it is the theory of playing with the house's money. I've only done that a couple of times. The first one was as a treat for myself after I won a big case. The second was after I'd sold off a big chunk of my collection in preparation for a major auction where I went all-in on a card. Neither deal ended up being a good investment for me, so I am trying really hard to curb my enthusiasm this time around.
yes, it sure seems like the time to NOT go all in. have to resist chasing things, though there have been some cards that I had been waiting to acquire where I paid a little more to make sure I had it to finish a set, for example, incase it went further! the Julius Erving is killing me, though, had most of that set from my childhood and was waiting and watching to buy one...there are a lot of them, and I just never focused and bought one. now they are up 10x or more! can't even get an EX-Mt for reasonable, and there are thousands of high grade ones there and above. so, not chasing that one. seems like cards like that have cooled some off the dec-March spike.