View Single Post
Old 08-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Administrator

Default After You Start Your T-206 Set, Where Would You Go Next?

Posted By: Joann

Well I don't collect T206's, but I think I get the gist of the question. I collect Detroiters. For whatever reason there have been some dead times in that activity - either nothing came up that I needed, or I didn't want to spend the money on what did come up.

So I toyed with the idea of working on the E96, even to the point of buying a few non-Detroiters. (And to answer the question, it was because I love the color fades in the backgrounds - green to blue, orange to magenta, etc, and attainable with only a few dozen cards and not a lot of expensive HOF'ers). I stopped though when I realized that if I ever really wanted to complete it I would have to buy at least a handful of cards that held no interest for me either historically or aesthetically.

So then I started picking up images of female players here and there, and that really has held my interest. As the Detroiters I need (and can afford) get fewer and further between I find the other pursuit a great diversion - even to the point of taking over my focus.

Sorry if I misread the question. In my collecting, the question interprets as what set you would putz with during lulls in your primary collecting goal.

Joann